Our New York City personal injury attorneys are prepared to represent you in claims involving:
- We frequently handle cases involving car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Another driver may be liable for your injuries if their inability to follow the rules of the road led to a collision. Other parties could be liable in truck crashes or if the accident was caused by a faulty vehicle component.
Slip and Falls
- A property owner could be liable for injuries sustained in a fall if they negligently failed to address or resolve the dangerous condition that led to it.
- If your employer has a workers’ compensation policy, you will most likely be unable to sue them or a coworker for workplace injuries, even if their negligence led to an accident. You may be able to pursue a personal injury claim against a negligent third party in addition to getting money through a workers’ comp claim.
- You have the right to sue a sexual abuser for losses sustained as a result of their misconduct regardless of whether criminal charges are filed.
- The most immediate surviving relatives of the deceased and the representatives of their estate can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a person who is fatally injured in an accident.
What Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit in New York?
You may be able to obtain monetary damages in a personal injury lawsuit. However, you must file before the relevant deadline. In New York, you generally have three years from the date of an accident to start the legal process. You generally have two years from the date of a victim’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Types of compensation you can potentially recover through personal injury litigation include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills for accident-related expenses
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering